Friday, October 1, 2010

Confessions of an Agriculture Lover

So, I haven't talked about agriculture a lot recently, so I thought I'd have some fun and do it today. After all, this week is confessions week on the INK SLINGER'S blog and my confessions are MANY when it comes to ag stuff so here it goes:


  1. I refer to myself as an aggie. Aggie is defined as a person who is in fact obsessed or other wise filled with an nearly unreasonable passion for activities that involve agriculture.
  2. I'm currently taking two soil classes. Yes, dirt...as in misplaced soil. (Don't get any aggie started on the difference between dirt and soil. Trust me, loosing battle) The confessional part of that is that I really love it. I mean come on, it's dirt (or soil rather) simple right? No, not at all and that is what holds me spellbound, fascinated. How often do we not even consider how awesome the stuff beneath our feet is? Oh, sorry, there I go again. What can I say? Oh, right...see number 1.
  3. I instantly give a novel bonus points if it mentions something to do with agriculture. i.e. Beautiful Creatures mentions Future Farmers of America. HUGE points there, HUGE. 
  4.  I would much rather get my hands dirty doing something with agriculture than get a manicure. Bring on the greenhouses, horse stalls, and tractors!
  5. I feel claustrophobic when I can't see green living things. Like aliens you ask??? NO, as in grass, and flowers, and trees, and *sigh* fields of land. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing about the city. I'm even living in a city right now, sort of, it small but it counts in my book. My soul just needs the country, it's where I was born and where I always want to be. 
So, now you know some more about me. How about you? Have any aggie tenancies? I'd love to hear from you! Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment