Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Uneventful May

My birthday is today, and I suddenly wish I was more interesting. Looking over my confessions I feel like I've wasted my 22nd year doing boring things, but I'm a college student so I guess boring is a good thing. If I was more interesting I probably wouldn't have made it this far.

1. Next November I get to guide 20+ fifth graders through NaNoWriMo.

2. I’m taking my first creative writing class this summer.

3. As a goodbye present my students and their parents made me a book where the students each answered three questions about me. According to my first and second graders when I’m not at school I spend all my time either in classes of my own, baking cookies for them, and coming up with cool things for them to do. My greatest desire is to own more fish and have millions of children, and the best thing about me is that I say funny things.

4. My birthday was hell, so from here on out I have decided to ignore its existence completely.

5. After spending an hour looking for a good sci-fi book for a struggling second grade reader who loves Star Wars I have come to the conclusion that there aren’t any, and I may just have to write one myself. I’m thinking of something along the lines of Arthur only in space and with shootouts.

-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment